BRANCH MANAGER - PLUMBERS MERCHANT - COMPETITIVE BASIC SALARY & EXCELLENT BENEFITS
A Profit Centre Manager / Branch Manager for our client is proud to lead a team that drives for excellent sales, through exceptional service to customers every time.
Our client is proud to serve the Plumbing Professional as well as help the public with all their plumbing needs. As a national plumbers merchant, they ensure their customers can always find what they need, either in one of their 200+ stores or online.
Day to day you will be the proud leader of the branch, you will have the experience and knowledge to manage and maximise performance; whilst developing your team to ensure targets are always met.
Apart from your day to day duties, some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Positively motivate and lead the team to achieve branch and regional targets.
- Managing the team to meet operational/service improvements, resolving issues and delivering objectives.
- Effectively recruit, induct and retain new employees.
- Conduct regular performance reviews with the team.
- Provide on the job training, guidance and coaching to all members of the team.
- Accountable for the financial performance of the branch.
- Effectively increase profitable sales opportunities through correct product mix and merchandising in-line with company policy.
- Use product knowledge to identify sales opportunities, offering advice and solutions to customers, therefore maximising profitable sales.
- Continually update knowledge of local competitors to offer our customers the most competitive offers.
- Analyse reports to seek opportunities for sales growth, communicating any decisions with the team.
- Manage the branch stock, via deliveries and the timely return of faulty/damaged goods and ensure up-to-date accurate stock records.
- Make competent commercial decisions in the branch’s best interest.
- Promote and adhere to health & safety guidelines.
- Manage the branch’s administration to meet company standards and agreed deadlines.
- The successful Profit Centre Manager will ideally have similar experience within a plumbing merchant.
- Experience of managing and leading a team.
- Experience of working in a sales and customer service environment.
- Strong customer service skills and able to build rapport.
- Excellent communications skills be that in person, on the phone or via email.
- Strong people management skills including coaching and developing your team
- Experience of training and developing teams.
- An enthusiastic motivator who can get the best from people.
- Track record of improving sales.
- Profit and loss accountability experience.
- Have a full UK driving licence.
In return, they can offer:
- A basic salary up to £40,000.
- A unique Profit Share bonus scheme.
- A contributory pension scheme.
- £6,000 car allowance.
- Private healthcare
- An array of training and development programmes to help you progress your career.